Job stress can really hurt your work performance and life at home. If you allow yourself to continue to be stressed out day in and day out while you are working, it can be outright dangerous for your health.
Here are some tips to help you get over your stress on the job.
- Find the most peaceful place in your home or office to sit. Sit up completely straight with your back against the chair. Be sure to have your feet flat, and your hands resting on your thighs.
- Close your eyes and try to get your mind to relax
- Breathe in and out of your nose very slowly. Count to five,hold your breath, and then breathe out slowly.
- Tense and hold your muscles for a count of five, then relax the muscles for a set of 5. As you are tensing each muscle group, do it as hard as possible without hurting yourself.
- Start by tensing your feet. Pull your feet from the ground and your toes toward you while making sure your heels are on the floor. Be sure to hold this position for a count of five.. then release the hold. Allow your feet to go back to the ground normally. Try to really feel the relaxation and compare it to tensing your muscle groups.
- Now, proceed to tense your thighs as hard as possible. Hold for five seconds, and then relax for five seconds.
- Now, tighten your abdominal muscles for five seconds, then relax for five seconds. Be completely sure that you are sittingup completely straight.
- Proceed to tense your hand and arm muscles as tight as possible for five seconds, then release and relax for five seconds.
- Tighten your shoulder muscles as close together as possible. Imagine that you are trying to make your shoulder blades touch each other. Hold for five seconds, then relax like normal.
- Tighten your shoulders by raising them as far up as they will go toward your ears. Act as if you are shrugging up and down, hold for five seconds.
- Proceed to tighten your neck by moving your head back and holding for five seconds at a time. Hold for five seconds, then relax for five seconds.
- Finally, tighten your face muscles as hard as possible. Begin by holding your mouth open for five seconds, then releasing. Now, clench your eyes shut for five seconds. Finally, raise your eye brows high for five seconds, and then release.
- Finish the exercise by focusing on your breathing. Breathe in and out slowly for 5 seconds at a time. Repeat 4-5 times or until you feel completely relaxed.
That’s it, If you follow these 13 steps, every part of your body should feel completely stretched and relaxed. The best part about the steps listed above is you can add/take away any steps that you feel are not helping you. The whole purpose is to give your complete body a mini break. Day by day, Americans and people all over the world are not properly exercising parts of their body. If you think about it, we sleep for 8 hours, we sit in traffic for an average of an hour a day, we work or go to school for 8 hours a day, then we come home and relax. Besides the days when we can actually make it to the gym or for that neighborhood walk, our bodies are really being neglected. By taking a couple of minutes each day to perform these exercises, you can really relieve your body of a lot of stress and anxiety, which will help your overall health and general well being.