An Anxiety Disorder is diagnosed when feelings of stress and anxiety become excessive and start to negatively impact your health and lifestyle. Anxiety is basically your body physically acting on emotional stressors. You may experience symptoms like headaches, sweating, high blood pressure, and tension. It is possible to control anxiety naturally with the help of yoga, Ayurveda, home remedies, herbal remedies, and a balanced diet, etc.
Causes of Anxiety:
- Side effects of medication
- Alcohol intake
- Acute illness
- Over breathing
- Hormonal imbalance
- Worry and tension
- Muscle strain
- Excessive sweating
- Lack of Concentration
- Dryness in mouth
- Shortness in breathing
- Heart rate fluctuation
- Fluctuation in body temperature
- Chest tightness
- Numbness of skin
- Vision problems
Ways to Control Anxiety Naturally:
Ayurvedic Methods to Control Anxiety:
Ayurveda helps in curing anxiety through natural treatment herbal medicine. Various ayurvedic herbs are available to reduce the level of anxiety with ease.
- Put some Basil leaves juice in the nostrils. It is the best ayurvedic treatment for anxiety.
- There are various ayurvedic herb juices like Shankhpushpi or Brahmi that can help reduce stress.
- Ashwagandha also seems to be very beneficial for stress effectively.
- Drink orange juice with honey for anxiety as well as to control the heart beat.
- Take almonds and grind them then mix with Milk, Saffron, and Ginger juice. This is very calming and can be chilled or heated.
- Massage to the body which reduces anxiety.
- Take a bath with Ginger and Baking soda to cleanse toxins from your skin and help control anxiety.
Following are some important herbal remedies which control the anxiety properly:
- Do regular exercise.
- Foods like orange, cloves, balm and lavender reduce the level of anxiety.
- Taking openly with the family and friends has calming and relaxing effect.
- Hot shower bath also helps in controlling anxiety.
- More attention toward sleeping and sleeping pattern
- Food rich in calcium and amino acid also beneficial.
- Do yoga regularly.
- Do massage to the body.
Using Diet to Control Anxiety Naturally:
Diet plays an important role in controlling the anxiety, panic disorders, phobia and other forms of anxiety disorders. A balanced diet including food rich in vitamin B-Complex is the best choice for easing anxiety attacks. Prevention is also very necessary in order to control anxiety.
- Eat a proper balanced diet which includes vegetables, fruits, vitamins, minerals and whole grains which seem to be the best defense against anxiety attacks.
- The foods which have less vitamin B complex then it increased the feelings of anxiety.
- Eat the meal in regular interval of time.
- Alcohol increases the anxiety level, so one should avoid the intake of alcohol.
- One should drink fresh juices relieves anxiety.
- Drink lots of water as it remove toxins from the body.
- Diet which is enriched in saturated fat seems to ease anxiety.
- Less intake of spices as these foods stimulate body and mind.
- One should avoid acid forming foods.
- Foods which contain vitamin B 1 such as Asparagus, Soya milk, Barley, Oats, Wheat, Sunflower Seeds, etc. are good in anxiety.
- Avocados, Yogurt, Milk, and Mushrooms etc. are good foods for anxiety as it gives strength to the immune system.
- Vitamin B6 is essential for controlling stress. Foods containing vitamin B6 include sweet potatoes, avocados, bananas, Mangoes, Sunflower Seeds, potatoes, etc. which helps to produce Serotonin and control the level of anxiety.
- Vitamins B12, Folic acid, Niacin, Patothenic acid, Biotin, Calcium etc. are very beneficial for anxiety problems.
- Food sensitivities play an adverse role in increasing the anxiety level, so be aware of your dietary issues.
- Milk, Bananas, and Soya is very beneficial for anxiety.
- Chocolate and strong spices are bad choices and can increase stress.
- Avoid fried cooked foods.
- Avoid salty or spicy foods as they can increase the blood pressure
- One should avoid coffee, tea, and caffeinated drinks.
- Avoid smoking as it increases the stress level.
- Say no to pan masala, gutka, tobacco, etc.
- Less intake of Alcohol, drug and beverages.